Turbobikes.org
December 21, 2014, 01:39:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Chat Room

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP ! building my own turbo for the zx14. need info for header, turbo size  (Read 1243 times)
dubious
Site Sponsor

« on: June 19, 2010, 10:26:06 PM »

Motor is done pistons, rods, head valves, springs, oil system, billet pan, etc etc., trans cut, lockup with billet hub, frame sealed, secondaries driven by micrtek, billet velocity stax etc. AN6 fuel system with 1:1 referenced regulator.
The bike is ready for bear. I sold the ATP kit.
That turbo was too small.

anyway, goal is over 500 hp as an option.
The deal with the zx14 is there is no room for intercooler, so big turbo's have been the way to go
Chris Jones runs GT30 for strip, and builds GT35 for the LSR stuff so big is what I'm after.

anyway, what size primaries should I be dumping into the T3 collector, and what sched pipe/ tube?
what turbo are the RCC ultra kits runnning on the busa? what are the wheel and housing dimensions?
what is the up pipe diameter? 2.5"
I am thinking a system sized similar to those big ultra kits will be close to what my 14 will require.

Thanks for any input.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:27:49 PM by dubious » Logged
OzBooster

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »

I have been buying several turbo's lately
some from RCC , Richards prices are good.and the backup is second to none
then a ball bearing gt3071r from here http://himni-racing.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25_27
(note the WG are gt28 exhaust )
and either of these would do depending on the hp and spool time your after
http://himni-racing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_29&products_id=1656
http://himni-racing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_29&products_id=1657

Ordered my gt30 with 5 bolt exhaust and 3" inlet so its interchangable with the rcc stuff and i could buy headers and wastegate  mounts to bolt straight on , also the 5 bolt exhaust is very easy to adapt to the external wastegate if your DIY
Rev Rider

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »

I see no reason to go very little larger, if any, than the stock header pipes.  Especially with the large turbo I would want the exhaust velocity and pressure to work for me.  Going larger will only delay boost a tad, but I have not built such a high horse system and I could be full of it. :)

It seems to me that the stock size tubes would be optimum... at least to a point... a point that you may be well past.  I'm anxious to hear how this project progresses.  Being a Kawboy at heart it's sweet to see something other than another Busa getting snailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: